June 22, 2007

Our first tour of Milwaukee

Today Corey and I got off our butts to go check out some of Milwaukee and get some exercise. We decided to hit Lake Park first since I already knew where it was. It was a beautiful day and I, of course, took some pictures!

Staircase in the woods on the path from the road up to the park


The lighthouse that they are restoring


I think he likes deli-sliced chicken


A pretty bridge on the path


The Lake Park Grand Staircase


View from the top of the staircase - ugly, huh?

Once we left there we decided to head a little bit south and go walk around by Discovery World and Pier Wisconsin. It was getting overcast and the sun was starting to go down so the pictures don't accurately show just how beautiful this area is.

Discovery World/Pier Wisconsin Pilot House


Milwaukee Art Museum


Part of the skyline

After that we just got in the truck and decided to drive along Water Street and start making our way north to go home. Water Street pretty much follows along the Milwaukee River and there are literally a ton of beautiful buildings, museums, restaurants, and bars there that we absolutely cannot wait to start checking out! Milwaukee really is a beautiful city! By the time any of you make it here to visit we will hopefully know where all the best and most fun places to go hang out are!

Not so great picture of the Milwaukee River

Tomorrow I go meet with the people at Concordia University in person for the first time. I hope they aren't disappointed. Once they show me around there they will take me up to Cedarburg to meet people and check out the places I will be working. I really hope they have some paid work for me between now and August 1st, which is when my position actually starts - we're hurtin!

From this weekend through Tuesday night my uber-exciting plans are to STUDY STUDY STUDY for that NATA Board of Certification Exam I am taking Wedsnesday morning in Green Bay. I really need to pass it the first try - but that is something that doesn't seem too common. I'll study as hard as I can and do my best though. If I do have to retake it, it will cost ME (instead of the VA) $275 and I do NOT want to pay that! I do plan on taking a short break from the studying once this weekend to go check out Polish Fest though :) All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, right?

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the city and park.
Looks like you two are getting around. Hope today visit to interview pays off with a paying job for the summer. much love and stuff to you guys. xx/oo gp/lrm

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker