August 25, 2008

I did it! I finally went for a run!

...but not before I spent an hour and a half building up the motivation to get my ass out the door.

After much contemplation, I decided on this starter program from RunnersWorld.com. It's an 8 week program. I hope I will stick with it. I'm tired of being overweight and inactive. That is not who I am - just who I've become since I started college and maybe even as far back as my last year in the army when I gained 40 pounds. I used to play a lot of sports and go walk around the city. Now...not so much. Grad school and my job made that even worse. Now I spend all of my time tired and hunched over the computer doing school work or working my ass off to get 30 athletes in and out of the training room within the first half hour I'm there.

Anyway...I digress.

I had a lovely walk/run/walk/run through the neighborhood today (PS. Dear Washington Highlands, I both love you and loathe you all at once. F. You for being the neighborhood of my dreams that I will never be able to live in). When I got home, my cats decided my sweaty arm was a yummy salt-lick, which was funny and disgusting at the same time.




Then, it was clearly time to lay on the couch and get caught up on her stories while I got cleaned up (the non-feline way).





Anyway, I guess I still owe some more wedding recap to my 6 whole readers (3 of whom might actually care). It's coming soon. I swear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm…isn’t it Washington HEIGHTS?

Anonymous said...

No, it’s Washington Highlands. I live in Washington Heights. At least that’s what the signs tell me.

Anonymous said...

I have the EXACT same pillows.

And yes, Washington Highlands is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I was confused because I thought you were talking about where you lived.

You know I’m easy to confuse, though.

Anonymous said...

Eh, I didn’t know the difference either until I was running and saw the signs. That and the houses quadrupled in size.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker