July 19, 2009

Playing with pictures

My good friend Jodi posted this picture that she took on Facebook.  I love the picture.  It looks like an amazingly peaceful and relaxing place to sit.

(Click pictures to enlarge)

 
But then I realized that the chair is red, and I wanted a way to make it "pop" more in the picture.  So I played around with it some.  Here is what my creative-when-it-wants-to-be mind came up with:

Something about it this way evokes a little more emotion, I think.  If that makes sense.  Maybe a surrealistic feeling of solitude?  I don't know.  For some reason those are the words that come to my mind.


If anyone else likes to do this kind of thing, every week Laura from Dolce Pics has a segment called "What's Your Play" on her blog where she posts a picture and everyone edits it however they see it and submits it back.  It's really fun to see the things people can do with pictures and programs like Photoshop and Lightroom.  I haven't been able to sit down and really figure out my Photoshop yet, so I do all my stuff in Picasa.

No comments:

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker