But...THIS idea might not be so bad. Actually I think it's pretty spectacular and I feel like a moron for not thinking of it weeks ago.
Why don't we get married in Madison?
Pros:
- Corey's entire immediate family (plus a few more) live within about 15 minutes from there.
- Linda and Andre's reception is at Olbrich Gardens next month, and guess what? The price is VERY good, and it looks like a beautiful location.
- They have a nice atrium for weddings also, so we wouldn't have to find a church (as long as we don't have over 120 people)
- BIG BONUS: Linda and Andre are good friends with the pastor at their church - I'm thinking maybe he would be willing to officiate our wedding as well - plus, we've actually met him, he's a great guy, and he would actually KNOW us, which is important to me
- The preferred caterers at Olbrich Gardens seem very reasonably priced.
- Transportation would be super easy for the wedding party
- There is still an airport nearby that all the out of towners can fly in to
- Maybe...just maybe...we could do the rehearsal dinner at Linda and Andre's house for something fun and casual so our families could get to know each other.
- That is quite a few less people needing to fork over money for gas and hotel rooms.
- That would also leave us some money to potentially provide transportation to our out of town guests from the reception to their hotels, keeping people from drunk driving, driving in an unfamiliar town, and renting cars.
- We also go to Madison enough that it wouldn't even be planning from a distance.
- Another big bonus: Corey might even go for this!
Cons:
- Madison might cost a little more to fly into
- People will miss out on the awesome-ness that is Milwaukee
- The entire rental fee is due at once
- Our date may have to change, but that doesn't bother me at all. I'm sure Corey can remember 8.1.08 (or whatever) just as easy.
Now, I just need to present this to Corey, then Linda and Andre. I'm not going to do it at 1:00 am though. Hopefully I'll sleep now that I got all that out!
3 comments:
I wouldn’t worry about people paying more to fly into Madison. They can always fly into Milwaukee and rent a car. It wouldn’t be a big deal for people to make the drive.
Yeah, it was a pretty weak “con”.
Sounds like you just solved a lot of stressors at once! Hope the convincing goes well…
Post a Comment