So…it’s been awhile.
I had this long list of things I was going to talk about when I finally got the chance to blog again, but now it seems like it would be silly to go back that far. Let’s just play it by ear, shall we?
First things first: MY MOM DOES NOT HAVE CANCER. THANK GOD!
I don’t think I need to explain my “shouting” on that one. She’s been through the ringer the last month with a lot of scary tests, speculation, biopsies and everything else under the sun. Everything is negative, but it was quite the scare. She *had* a cyst on her pancreas awhile ago and they gave her medication to shrink it, but I don’t think it was the same one that was giving us the scare. Long story short…the CT scan was botched, the cysts are pseudocysts, and she’ll probably deal with occasional flare-ups of pancreatitis forever. She has been feeling great lately (other than the stress), and that is because she has been taking good care of herself. Now she just needs to keep it up!
I can’t wait to see her at the wedding!
Speaking of the wedding…less than 2 months to go. Holy crap.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited for the marriage, but the wedding itself needs to come and go. I miss not having to wonder where we’re going to get the money to get flowers or get alterations or cake or chairs for people to sit in or a marriage license (that last one is pretty damn important). It’s no secret that grad school doesn’t pay well. If it wasn’t for Corey’s mom and step-dad helping out with a significant chunk of the bill, we’d be in bad shape. And this is for just about as cheap of a wedding that a couple can possibly have while still having all the trimmings of the “typical” wedding. I have several friends that playing a huge role in making this whole thing happen too. I am overwhelmed at times by the generosity of the people in our lives!
It will be great to see so many people and have so many friends and family in one place at one time, so it’s not all bad. That is what is making going through this planning hell all worthwhile. If it wasn’t for that, I’d need to be locked in a room with padded walls.
Ok, that’s all I’ve got for today. I should have saved the wedding talk for last – I think it drains me.
Next time, I’m going to talk about how awesome my friends here are and the bridal shower they threw for myself and another friend of ours! Stay tuned J
No comments:
Post a Comment