For those of you who were wondering, Stock the Bar = Best. Bridal shower idea. Ever.
Instead of usual shower gifts from the registry, people bring booze and their favorite drink recipe to go alone with it. The awesomeness can be summed up with one glorious photo:
Isn't it beautiful?
There was an amazing spread of delicious food and OHMYGOD A VODKA LEMONADE BAR! They also had really cute cookies made for us by the happy cookie lady:
I'm craving one of these cookies right now, actually. I'm hoping to get them made for our wedding, but we'll see. I guess I should get on that soon.
Here I am modeling my cookie...
Here is a picture of my co-showeree (is that even a word?) with the newest adorable baby in our group:
Thanks again to the awesome hostesses and to everyone who came!
5 comments:
Awwwwwww… I still owe you a bottle! Maybe I should get you some ChaserPlus too!
Wow–what a delightful shower idea. I’ve not seen so much vodka in one place in a very long time. And the martini cookies are inspired. Hoo–rah to your friends for such an inspired party.
I am a great mom. K in the midst of all that vodka at such a young age. Appropriate right?
PLZ PLZ tell me where can I get those awesome martini cookies made. i’m in Atlanta and are hosting a Stock the Bar party for 50 people next saturday. Help!!!!! Als do mind sharing any other ideas you guys made have used for your party. Much appreciated.
It was a local lady here that makes them and I don’t think she ships during the summer because of the heat. You could try though. Her email address is HappyCookies4Me at aol.com.
They also had a vodka lemonade bar. Make a big container of lemonade, buy some flavored syrups from monins.com or the Torani syrups from somewhere like World Market, then get some different flavored vodkas - smirnoff makes several flavors. Put out some cups and some frozen fruit and people can mix their own. It’s fun.
We even ended up doing it at our wedding.
Post a Comment