On friday August 17th, Corey's mom Linda and her fiance Andre got married in Madison. The wedding was beautiful, personal, and very "them." I had a great time and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too! They got married in the church where they met, and had the reception in the commons at Olbrich Gardens. If we end up going with a traditional wedding still, I would DEFINITELY want to have it there.
Andre and Linda walked down the aisle together behind a bagpiper, which was pretty sweet. Corey and both of his brothers were groomsmen, and Andre's daughter Cyra and I were bridesmaids. I got to walk between Corey and his brother Chris which was interesting and a little funny. Cyra also played the guitar for one of the songs. Andre and Linda are very good friends with the pastor of the church (who was the officiant) and also with the pastor's wife Shanti (sp?) who did most of the music along with a few other close friends of the family.
The reception was a blast! I'm not saying that because I got to drink for free either. It was all about the Scottish dancing! Before the rehearsal the night before, Linda and Andre had a girl come in and teach them a few traditional Scottish dances so at the reception whoever wanted to participate would have people to follow. This was an absolute hit, if you ask me. It looked fun but I wasn't sure how it would go at the actual reception. I think about half of the people that were there when the dancing started got up and did it and had a great time. I was out there from beginning to end having the time of my life! With all that jumping and twirling my calves paid the price for a good 3 days. So worth it!
Anyway, I wish I had been able to write this sooner - there were so many beautiful details that aren't as fresh in my head anymore. I do remember receiving a lot of compliments on the card box and the words I got up and said in a microphone to my future mother and father in law. I was really nervous - that is all I remember.The rest of the night is clouded by chardonnay and spotted cow, but here are some pictures!
WARNING: There are a LOT of pictures. I would apologize, but I had too much fun, so no way.
The end result of my hair - I loved it!
No idea.
The new Mr. & Mrs :)
The photographer getting into it while takin the guys' pics
Linda and I
Bein goofy with Cyra and Andre
Cyra in front of the limo that wasn't ours
Mmmm...spotted cow!
Linda and Amber
Scottish dancing time!
Corey and Grandma
Cyra and Michael
More Scottish dancing!
Proof I did it :)
Corey wouldn't dance :(
Drunk bridesmaid(s)?
Time to go home for the after-party!
Matt passed out the next morning
1 comment:
Hey - great pics. your always look so good. It is obvious you had a fine time. Can’t wait until we get back there to see you and Cory and join in the festivities.
xx/oo gp/lrm
Post a Comment