The CPR done on TV shows is some of the sorriest, most unrealistic shit I have ever seen. It drives me nuts.
As many of you probably know, I have plenty of other pet peeves, but so does everyone else I suppose. What are yours?
16 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I’m with you on the CPR done on TV. I’ve also got a thing about people on radio who use the same word a lot regardless of what that word is. It can be anything from actually to um.
On TV only? Calling apes monkeys The entire Bones TV show People who don’t like comedy shows like 30 Rock, The Office, Arrested Development but fawn over Two and Half Men and shit like that Repeats on House Hunters - I think I’ve seen them all and I want new ones dammit.
I’m with Elizabeth. I could blog daily about my pet peeves. Today my biggie is people who come to work sick. I don’t want whatever you have, keep it away from me!
Yes! TV CPR drives me nuts. No one ever checks for breathing, then they don’t do rescue breathing, then they don’t check for a pulse. It’s just pull the kid out of the pool, and then bang on his chest. WTH!
I’m with the others. My pet peeves are too long to list. My major ones are leaving drawers or cabinet and closet doors open. It drives me nuts.
Hi Elizabeth! I’m not blogging at the moment — I’m too stressed out over work (or the complete lack there of). [don't ever be afraid to just e-mail me!]
Dittos everyone above — too many to list! There’s a few that really get me on the roadway, like “Johnny left turn signal”. They’re turning…somewhere. Only slightly more annoying than the guy who breaks every 10 feet for absolutely no reason at all. And don’t forget about the people who make right-hand turns from the right driving lane instead of pulling over to the curb lane first (and they usually don’t use their turn signal). Those idiots are usually treated to the sweet sound of my horn.
Ummm, yeah. I think it’s been established several times that I hate lots of things. I, too, could blog daily about my pet peeves, but that wouldn’t be very entertaining, would it?
the sound of people eating pasta the way news anchors talk commercials for the Jarvec (sic) artificial heart people who talk to older adults like they’re infants having to leave a perfectly good day in comfortable pants at home to meet with just one client, which involves a one-hour, round-trip drive, on which note… i’m late! gotta go.
Oh boy…. People who pretend not to know how to do something so they don’t have to…. AND people who are filthy at work because they know someone else will pick up after them. You know they don’t act like that at home… and if they do, I never want to be invited over!
On a non work related matter… People who drive while on the cell phone. Then when they pull out in front of you and almost cause an accident they either look all suprised like “Oh MY… how did that happen” or even worse have no idea that you almost ended up in a ditch.
16 comments:
I’m with you on the CPR done on TV. I’ve also got a thing about people on radio who use the same word a lot regardless of what that word is. It can be anything from actually to um.
I have too many to list. I guess I am just full of hate.
Ditto Sara… I’ve often thought about making my blog nothing but a list of my pet peeves. I could easily post something every day.
Random: Does Farrah really let you read her blog? Farrah, if you’re reading this, I wanna read it, too!!!!
On TV only?
Calling apes monkeys
The entire Bones TV show
People who don’t like comedy shows like 30 Rock, The Office, Arrested Development but fawn over Two and Half Men and shit like that
Repeats on House Hunters - I think I’ve seen them all and I want new ones dammit.
I’m with Elizabeth. I could blog daily about my pet peeves. Today my biggie is people who come to work sick. I don’t want whatever you have, keep it away from me!
Yes! TV CPR drives me nuts. No one ever checks for breathing, then they don’t do rescue breathing, then they don’t check for a pulse. It’s just pull the kid out of the pool, and then bang on his chest. WTH!
I’m with the others. My pet peeves are too long to list. My major ones are leaving drawers or cabinet and closet doors open. It drives me nuts.
I have too many pet peeves to list them. Stupid people would probably be my #1.
Hi Elizabeth! I’m not blogging at the moment — I’m too stressed out over work (or the complete lack there of). [don't ever be afraid to just e-mail me!]
Dittos everyone above — too many to list! There’s a few that really get me on the roadway, like “Johnny left turn signal”. They’re turning…somewhere. Only slightly more annoying than the guy who breaks every 10 feet for absolutely no reason at all. And don’t forget about the people who make right-hand turns from the right driving lane instead of pulling over to the curb lane first (and they usually don’t use their turn signal). Those idiots are usually treated to the sweet sound of my horn.
People who walk loud behind me. When Scott leaves the shower curtain open (yeah I’m a freak).
Ummm, yeah. I think it’s been established several times that I hate lots of things. I, too, could blog daily about my pet peeves, but that wouldn’t be very entertaining, would it?
the sound of people eating pasta
the way news anchors talk
commercials for the Jarvec (sic) artificial heart
people who talk to older adults like they’re infants
having to leave a perfectly good day in comfortable pants at home to meet with just one client, which involves a one-hour, round-trip drive, on which note…
i’m late! gotta go.
when people say “over exaggerate”–isn’t exaggerating already something over the top? why is the word “over” necessary?
this is my pet peeve of the day, and as previous people said, I too have numerous pet peeves and could have quite the list.
I’m loving these comments. I only mentioned one of mine, but I’m glad I’m not alone by having a long list of them.
Oh boy…. People who pretend not to know how to do something so they don’t have to…. AND people who are filthy at work because they know someone else will pick up after them. You know they don’t act like that at home… and if they do, I never want to be invited over!
On a non work related matter… People who drive while on the cell phone. Then when they pull out in front of you and almost cause an accident they either look all suprised like “Oh MY… how did that happen” or even worse have no idea that you almost ended up in a ditch.
When people refuse to learn new things.
When people don’t use their blinkers
When people let their kids scream and run around at a restaurant or store.
Being asleep and having the lights blasted on while someone rips the cozy down comforter off you.
Post a Comment