November 2, 2007

Things I'm avoiding

If you were to open my day planner up right now you’d see 2 weeks of the same thing on each day. I don’t do them one day, so I write them out again the next day and swear I will do them. This will go on and on until it I do it or it is impossible not to do it. Funny…now that I write that out I recognize a familar pattern I use with my snooze button. Who hits the snooze button every 5 minutes for over an hour? Anyway…I digress.

Here is my list. It’s all wedding related. I’m hoping if I put it here I will have the motivation.

1) Call _____ catering

2) Call about linens

3) Call about hotel block(s)

4) Get ring re-plated (or flashed or dipped or whatever - it’s white gold)

5) Write addresses on save-the-date envelopes

6) Call rental company about chairs, tables, tent for backup

6 things. Are any of them particularly difficult? No. Why am I not doing them? I dunno. Maybe because I hate talking on the phone. That’s lame. I’m going to go try to do this now…after I make a couple phone calls…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use a weekly Procrastinator’s planner with funny headings like: gotta do this week, should have done long ago, waiting for inspiration, trying to delegate, holding out for pressure, hoping it goes away.

I hit my snooze button every 10 minutes for over an hour. And I hate making phone calls also (so much easier to just get them over with though). I’d love to do #5, however, because I love addressing envelopes :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Farrah!

You can address my envelopes. After I decide who I’m sending them to and who I am not. And then you can let me read your blog.

Where did you get this procrastinators planner?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie!

I have really nice printing! I’m not blogging at the moment — I’m too focused on my job that I might be losing to do much else.

The procrastinators planner is at any of the calendar stores/kiosks in the malls. I waited until the end of January to get mine — how appropriate, no? (I’m getting the one for 2008 for St. Nicks). Here’s the link for it at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Procrastinators-SOS-Planner-2008-Calendar/dp/0740767267/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-8552081-6592957?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194197279&sr=8-1

Anonymous said...

I don’t miss wedding burnout. I think every bride hits a wall–well, at least normal sane women who happen to be brides hit that wall.

Anonymous said...

Farrah, you might be losing your job?

Jessie, I do the same thing, only with my to-do list at work. There’s always like three things per week that end up on my list every single day. I just keep carrying them forward, thinking that the next day I’ll magically WANT to do them. Yeah, that never happens. But they do eventually get done.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker