I have to give my number to a lot of kids and their parents in my line of work. I felt a little silly (not to mention unprofessional) writing it on whatever random piece of paper one of us could scrounge up, so I asked my boss to send me the picture of our company logo so I could order some business cards for free through Vistaprint. He told me no, don't worry about it, he'd order some for me and pay for it. Ok, sweet.
So I stop in there one day (I don't work in the office) and he shows me the proof of them and has me double check all the spellings, credentials, etc. We fixed a few things (added my soon-to-be last name) and it looked good to go. Ok. Sweet.
They came in yesterday and I picked them up, felt all excited and professional about them (you don't typically have business cards in the army) and brought them home. I had them in my purse and pulled one out to show my friend today...
What is the first thing she says?
"That's not how you spell your first name is it?"
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
Yes, folks. I looked at my business cards several times before they were ordered and after they came AND DIDN'T NOTICE MY OWN NAME SPELLED WRONG.
WTF? What the hell else was I looking at when I was checking them over?
I wonder if this has anything to do with the 55 (yes...fifty-five) stupid life/wedding/grad school/parking ticket related things on my to-do list.
Is it August yet?
6 comments:
OK, I couldn’t help but laugh at this…that is really funny. Did they leave an S out of Jessica? Or did you go with Jessie and they gave you the boy version without the I?
Funny!
They spelled it Jesse - it’s missing an I. Damn it! I’m still annoyed, but more at myself for missing it than anyone else.
I’m usually really picky about it because I’ve spent 30 years getting called “Jessica” (which is not my name) or hearing “Jesse? That’s a boy’s name!” (my reply goes something like: “whatever jerkface, f-off!”)
L! That’s really funny…sorry :)
I had a similar business card experience. I was all proud and brought them home, and Scott was all like “Who the hell is Suzanne?”
They put the wrong email address on there! They didn’t give me a chance to proof it before they ordered them though.
That is the worst. I mean, it is so awesome to get business cards, then they come back wrong. Damn them to H E L L !
Oh, and Danielle does have a sex dungeon. Not as big as I’d prefer, but what do you expect from a Kenosha basement?
Post a Comment