Until I'm done with grad school.
It's 1/3 of the way there because for our non-thesis (systematic review) project, there are 3 milestones - one of those is complete as of today. We had to present our research question, proposal, timeline, and background information on systematic reviews and meta-analysis to a physical therapy clinic that we are bringing up to speed on evidence-based practice.
It's 3.5/5 (70%) because my masters program is set up to take 5 semesters and I only have 1.5 to go.
Thank God. It is a Lutheran university, after all.
I'd say lets not get lost in numbers or statistics, but between a whole lotta statistics and eleventy thousand research papers is where you will find me from now until May.
...although...
That would imply that I actually study and do things like I am supposed to. No...I wait until the last minute. That first milestone (the presentation today)? Yeah - I put that together from around eleven to midnight last night. What? That's not how people serious about grad school do things? Shit.
I wrote out enough to be thorough and for my part to only take about 10 minutes. After about 12 minutes, I had to start summarizing because I clearly underestimated my ability to discuss something as boring as systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
Anyway, it's over and it went very well. I'd like to thank that big-gulp sized vanilla latte with an extra shot of crack that I chugged on my way to the clinic. Feeling like you're going to have a heart attack is distracting when you're about to do something a little nerve-wracking. Try it! You'll like it!
4 comments:
I am the same way…I can’t do anything without a pressing deadline. I can sit and think for weeks about how bad it is going to be when the deadline comes, but I still can’t bring myself to do anything until it is absolutely necesary.
My little sister is amazingly the opposite of that, and I don’t understand it at all. When she gets assigned a project at school, she literally starts on it immediately and gets through it as fast as she can.
Seriously, who does that? It’s weird…lol.
I don’t think I’ve EVER done anything right away. I kind of wish I was like that, but then again I’d have way too much time to think about it and change things when it was probably fine the first time.
First, let me say CONGRATS!!!
We must celebrate in 1.5 semesters. Miller Lite I think?
I also am more of a deadline driven type person. I have a very hard time motivating myself when the deadline is not looming near. Which is probably exactly why I’m reading your blog instead of doing my monthly allocations — they aren’t due till next Monday.
Hell to the yes, Dani!
Post a Comment