June 30, 2009

I'm here somewhere, I swear.

A few weeks ago I told myself I was going to be a better blogger. Aim for a post every other day at least, I thought.

*cough*

Hmm.

I know why I haven't done it, but my reasons for not posting are the EXACT. SAME. REASONS. that I should be writing. To get it all out.

You see, I'm slinking back into my Bad Place. I know I am. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping me out of The Bad Place is the fact that my mom has been doing and sounding so well.

Otherwise...well...otherwise I manage to turn just about EVERY conversation I participate in into whatever Debbie Downer thing creeps into my head first, since every good thing seems to remind me of some other thing in my life that is really sucking. So, of course I've been avoiding people because I really can't stand the idea of dragging any and/or everyone down with me when I'm like this. I hate that I can take everyone's advice but my own.

Here is the short version of what is going on in my life right now:
  • I still have no job.
  • Today was my last paycheck.
  • I'm not sure I qualify for unemployment.
  • The weather was stupid hot for about a week, which of course made me extra cranky and miserable.
  • I've been sick since Wednesday, and haven't had a voice since Friday.  
  • I had a fairly crappy interview on Friday for a job I really really wanted.
  • I have another interview tomorrow (July 1st) - but I still have no voice.  Not sure how that is going to work, but I know I can't reschedule it again because I already did it once.  It was originally supposed to have been on Monday.  
  • I had no interest in this job...until my other interview sucked.  I am running out of options.
  • I did finally go to the doctor yesterday (Monday).  Bronchitis, laryngitis, and an infection in my throat.  Fabulous.
I dunno.  I'm just down.  Unhappy.  Frustrated.  Negative.  Uncertain.  Impatient. Discontent.

It's temporary. 

It always is.

4 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I hope things get better. B/c Colin was a student 07-08 he doesn't qualify for unempoyment, booo.

Accidentally Me said...

It is probably the job thing...that just tends to hang over you like a cloud when there is that much uncertainty. You should check on the unemployment, though...were you laid off or did you quit your last job?

And rest your voice! They will certainly understand if you are sporting a raspy, sore-throated voice when you get there!

Nicolasa said...

While my situation isn't the same as yours (not having a job and having uncertainty hang over my head) I have been feeling the same moods lately and I wanted you to know that you're not alone. I know you know this. But, I also know that it makes a difference when I know/hear that someone else is feeling the same way I am.
<3

Anonymous said...

Not sure if you guys will see this, but even though I was a student, I was also working in a paying graduate assistant position that I no longer have.

So...I wasn't just a student, but I also wasn't laid off and didn't quit. It's kind of a none of the above thing. It was a 2 year contract-ish position.

Nic - I've seen your posts about feeling that way and I can totally relate. Thank you.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker