November 12, 2010

Photo Scavenger Hunt Day! Or...Mommy's First Day Alone.

Well hello.

Long time no rambleaboutrandomuselessthings...so I'll just jump right in.

Tomorrow, I am taking part in my first ever photo scavenger hunt around Milwaukee with a bunch of friends.  I honestly don't really know what this entails or what is going to happen but I do know that I am probably going to have a lot of fun.

What else is tomorrow?  Well...tomorrow will be my first day out away from Sophie.  My first day that is - for lack of a better term - mine.  Yes...she is almost 7 month sold.  Up until now, I've been lucky to get an hour to myself...also known as naptime.  There have been 3 doctor appointments that I've been on my own for too, but is that time really mine?  If it was mine, I sure as hell wouldn't be spending it in the stirrups. 

I'm nervous though.  I'll be an hour and a half away because Corey is taking her to his mom's in Madison.  What if she decides she hates the bottle again?  What if the breastmilk I bring for her is bad from that excessive lipase thing again and she won't drink it? What if she won't nap?  You know and I know that the answer to these questions should probably be something along the lines of "not your problem to deal with - enjoy your day out!" but I just can't help myself.  I don't want my baby to be all unhappy and stuff. 

Between Corey and my mother-in-law I'm sure it will be fine.  If anyone gets frustrated they can hand her off to the other...but I have a feeling my mother-in-law is going to get the bulk of it.  Regardless, they are my heroes tomorrow.  In some ways I haven't thought that of it as a very big deal that I haven't had a day to myself or a date night with Corey, yet I look around at my friends with kids and feel like a freak and that it is WAY overdue.  To each their own, I guess.

Is it wrong I'm more excited about this than I would be if it were a date night instead?  Don't get me wrong - I love my husband and my baby so much it makes my heart stop sometimes, but no matter how much you love someone it's not good to be in each other's face 24/7.  If I'm going to keep being "me", I need some time to myself. 

Anywhoo...back to the scavenger hunt.  Except I forgot what I was going to say about it.  Other than Tara and I are going to dominate. Woot!

No comments:

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker