October 18, 2009

13 weeks

I promise that these aren't going to be the only blog posts I ever have.  I'm just in a big funk right now with my job, and the job I've been offered.  If I wasn't so happy about this baby, I think I'd be in a pretty dark and depressed place right now. 

Have I said that already?

If so, sorry. 

Anyway. 


Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

 

How your baby's growing:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

  • How far along? 13 weeks
  • Total weight gain:  -1.  I was really sick the last few days.
  • How big is baby?  A peach.  
  • Maternity clothes? Found the Gap Maternity clearance section at the mall.  SCORE.
  • Sleep? Not enough. 
  • Best moment this week? Let's go with worst.  How about when I ran out of Zofran thursday and was sicker than ever for 2 days until I got my refill.  Not pretty.
  • Movement? It'll be awhile. 
  • Food cravings? Nothing sounds good.
  • Labor signs? Not remotely.
  • Belly button in or out? Innie 
  • What I miss: craving food.
  • What I'm looking forward to: Feeling better. Feeling Better.  Feeling better.
  • Milestone: I had to buy a bigger bra already.  These things are going to be out of control when all is said and done. 


2 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

I feel your pain about the bra thing. Sorry you're having a rough time. I'm sure it doesn't help that your hormones are raging and making things worse. I hope things get better for you soon.
Cindie

Nicolasa said...

bigger bra, already? JEALOUS! :-)

I hope things start to look up on the job front.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker