October 5, 2009

Wish me luck.

I have a job interview first thing tomorrow morning.  I realize I never blogged about the job that I took 2 months ago, but that's probably a good thing since I pretty much hate it to pieces.  I need out of there....like yesterday.  There is also another job that I threw my hat in the ring for, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Anyway, the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow is one that I applied for months ago via this company's career site.  I meet their qualifications so exactly that it is a bit freakish, so I was bummed that I never heard from them.  Last week (or was it the week before?) I realized that the job was still posted.  I thought that was strange and decided it was time for a new approach.  I looked up some specific people within the company that would likely be who I'd work directly for, and sent my resume and cover letter directly to them.  I heard back from them less than 24 hours later.

I felt pretty ballsy for doing that.  Now that I have an interview I am wondering where my balls went.

I guess we'll find out at 8 am.

2 comments:

Nicolasa said...

This is very exciting! At least you have the balls to go for what you want because you know what you don't want- a sucky job!

Good luck!

Karen said...

Hopefully it all works out and you hear something back soon!!

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker