October 19, 2009

Already.

We are out of control already.

About 2 weeks ago we "made a quick run" to a woodworking store to see what kind of crib blueprints they carried because Corey is thinking about building Moby's crib.  Since we were already halfway there, I asked him if he wanted to go check out Babies R Us. 

Sure!  So off we went.

It became pretty clear as soon as we walked in there that we weren't leaving empty handed.  Our plan became to buy one thing each paycheck so it's not all overwhelming and expensive.  I saw flaws in this plan too, but it was too fun to say no to right away.

After running our hands across every crib, sitting in every rocker, and pushing every shiny toy button we saw.  Then we found the swings.  This swing was AWESOME.  It didn't swing like a normal swing, played cool music and nature sounds and womb sounds (which sounds bizarre, but hey).  You can even plug an mp3 player into it and pump The Beatles or Vanilla Ice or Snoop Dogg in your newborn's head if you want.  Not that we would do that.

Of course they were out of stock.

So we got a bouncy seat instead. Of course it vibrates and does cool stuff too. 

But...as soon as we get home, Corey asks me to see if I can find the super swing of awesomeness online.  I do, and we order it.  We went and picked it up last Monday.  Of course someone (aka...not me) decides it needs to be put together THAT NIGHT!  We're a little excited.  I mean seriously, the head thing has fuzzy little bear ears.  I also showed Corey how to swaddle on a stuff bear his grandma made.


Posted by Picasa

You can see the beginning and then the end results.  The cat was not amused, and Corey proved to me that no one wants a camera right up in their face by doing it to me.

3 comments:

Renee said...

that is a badass swing.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You two are too cute.

Don't buy too much yet! Especially the fun stuff. You have a a few showers and people like to go in a buy the big things. You will be amazed at how little you will need to buy in the end.
SW

AngieG2000 said...

Awwww! You two are so cute! Swings rule....your baby will love it!
~Angie

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker