October 4, 2009

So hey, we're having baby!

We've known for over a month, and I think most of you who read this know already too.  I wasn't keeping it a secret or hiding it, I'm just a lazy blogger.  It doesn't help that with the phone, email, and whatever else, I feel like the world already knows!

Anyway, our first ultrasound was on Thursday, and things are looking great so far!



As of today I am 11 weeks, 1 day and due on April 24th.  The baby actually measures a few days short of that (due to my longer cycles), but a few days isn't enough for my doc to change the due date for it, so there it is!  My grandma's birthday is also the 24th, and Corey's is the 26th, so there is a chance for some birthday sharing there.

I started out feeling great, and then morning sickness hit full force.  And I mean full.  I was having a hard time keeping down even water and bread and vitamins, so I am taking Zofran twice a day to keep myself going.  It helps a ton, although I still get nauseated once or twice day for a bit.  Other than that, I'm crazy tired, just like every other pregnant woman in the history of man.  Making it through the day is HARD, yo.  Especially since I HATE MY JOB TO PIECES - but that is a story for another day.

If you're interested, I made sure to put an obnoxious baby-countdown-ticker thingamajig (wow, firefox recognizes that as a word?) on the top of my blog page.

So what's new with the Moby this week (short for Morris-Baby if you aren't one of the people who know me as Mo)?  I guess I'll go with the "standard" blog post that knocked up chicks I know seem to go with.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?  Let's start by comparing the baby to fruit.




From The Bump: Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through. But, fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.


From BabyCenter: Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

  • How far along? 11 weeks
  • Total weight gain:  I'm even now.  I lost 4 at first from being so sick.
  • How big is baby?  Some say the size of a lime, some say a fig.  
  • Maternity clothes? I'm wearing a Bella Band with my work clothes, stretchy yoga pants are my best friend, and I've bought some maternity clothes here and there.  I wear some of them already.
  • Sleep? Not enough.  I'm so tired. I already wake up 3 or so times a night to pee, and I'm already having a hard time getting comfortable.  I'm going to be in for a REAL treat a few months from now.
  • Best moment this week? Seeing the baby on the first ultrasound, and getting to have an external one.  Also, my husband is so fun in the baby sections of stores.  He's so excited - I love it.
  • Movement? Bowels would be good.  Otherwise, no.  
  • Food cravings? Very rarely does ANYTHING sound good right now.  But when it does, it really really does.
  • Labor signs? Not remotely.
  • Belly button in or out? Innie 
  • What I miss:  a normal digestive system
  • What I'm looking forward to: Everyone says I'll feel tons better and have more energy in the 2nd trimester.  I hope they are right.  Desperately.  2 more weeks.
  • Milestone: None that I can think of. 

3 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

How exciting! Its baby season for sure. My ex sis in law is having twins, my other sis in law is having a girl, I am due one week after you (may 2) and my friend is due the same time as me. There are more but I think you get the point. Congrats! I look forward to following your progress.
Cindie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you too! I also have a bunch of pregnant friends. 3 due within a week or 2 of me!

benevolentsnark said...

you can tell already from the ultrasound that this one is going to be a looker :)

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker