April 17, 2010

39 Weeks! And hopefully the last...



So yeah, bedrest is boring. Especially when all of your books and movies are packed to move. I seem to have developed some mild pre-eclampsia as of about a week ago. This has resulted in, as requested by my doctor, a LOT of laying around, a lot of water, and time moving very very slowly. Corey and I spend a lot of time trying to sweet-talk this baby out of there. We've even tried bribery. She doesn't seem to be budging. Maybe she wants to share a birthday with her dad.

I see my doctor again on Monday, so hopefully that brings news of some progress or dilation or SOMETHING. We are ready to meet her.

Also, I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to a decrease in the swelling in my legs, hands, and face, or to be able to open my own bottles or not struggle just trying to hold on to a water bottle because my grip strength is gone, or rolling over in bed, or getting up from sitting or laying down with ease...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mak'n Changes said...

Oh girl I feel your pain! I too am 39 weeks as of yesterday (sunday) and my body is screaming! My whole body is swollen beyond belief, my hands and feet fall asleep any ol time they feel like it, rolling over is impossible without whining...... yah,,, I totally feel ya!
I was having menstrual cramps all day yesterday and thru the night, Im hoping this means things are about to happen... either way my doc. appt. is tomorrow so hopefully the doc will tell me to go to the hospital cause its time to pop. I"m wishing you the same. Many bundles of peace and blessings on your body.
cindie

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker