I'm sitting here in the living room looking around for something mellow and productive I could possibly be doing. Other than scrubbing the bathroom and dusting and things geared more towards being ready for people to come look at our place to rent once we're gone - there isn't much to do.
- Insurance has been checked.
- Pre-registered at the hospital.
- Corey's parents and my friend April all have directions to the hospital.
- We have snacks for Corey for while we're there.
- Pack 'n play is together - not putting the crib together until we move.
- Pack 'n play has a built in changing table - so the changing table (also has drawers and shelves) not going together until we move.
- Hospital bag is packed - I dragged that one out for quite awhile.
- Car seat and installation of said car seat has been safety checked by Children's Hospital.
- Took a class on breastfeeding - totally helpful class, but maybe even more so for Corey since it was really big on talking about what dads can do to be involved and supportive without having the "equipment" as well as getting the point across that it's not always as easy as plucking the kid up to the buffet and calling it a day.
- Took a childbirth education-ish class. No, it didn't tell me how to breathe or how to have a baby or any stupid crap like that. It was really thorough about all the risks and benefits of all the different meds, things to think about, ways to try to relax, how/when/why c-sections are performed, explanations of what the various equipment you'll see in the delivery room might be used for, stuff like that. It was mostly just about familiarity I guess - at least that seems like a good way to describe it.
- All of the newborn through 3 month sized clothes are washed.
- Blankets are all washed.
- Cloth diapers/covers/etc all ready to go.
- Diaper pail is even lined with a bag.
- Bouncer, swing, and baby-wearing-ish items are clean and put together.
- Made all our sweet, money-saving, baby-safe detergents that will last us until forever.
Guess I better go scrub the toilet.
1 comment:
I hear that scrubbing/cleaning out the fridge will induce labor.
Also, I love that you've packed snacks for Corey.
Post a Comment