Yesterday at my 39 week appointment with my doctor, we decided that since I was still borderline with the pre-eclampsia and not making any progress otherwise, it would be best to go ahead and send me in for induction.
Tonight at 7:30 (central), Corey and I are heading to the hospital where I will be given cervidil overnight, which will hopefully send a signal to my body that makes it say "Oh hey! We're supposed to be doing something!", but if for some reason it doesn't, then they will start pitocin in the morning I guess. So this means that sometime between tonight and (hopefully) tomorrow night, we'll be the proud parents of an outside baby.
I have to say that "knowing" since yesterday when this is all going to start going down has been a really odd feeling and has brought some nerves to the surface. I'm still not anywhere near what you'd call freaking out - freaking out just isn't my style, but I was much less nervous (as in - not at all) when I knew it could be a surprise that started happening at any moment. Backwards? Maybe.
Wish us luck!
4 comments:
OMG!!! Im so excited for you! cant wait to see pictures.. I hope your induction goes quickly.
Pre-eclampsia, it turns out, is really bad stuff!!! So it's probably a good idea to get the little bugger out of there with a healthy Mommy.
Good luck and lots of lots of hugs! You'll be awesome:-)
I never made it to induction, just got the IV's stuck in before I got whisked away for my c-section, so I've got no words of wisdom.
Good luck and I hope it goes as easily and possible and quickly!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Post a Comment