July 10, 2007

Best. Day. Ever. Well...for now...

We both got jobs today!

I was commenting to Corey the other night that weekends are supposed to be fun and relaxing, but I haven't been a fan of them lately because weekends are not when people get hired for jobs. The phone doesn't ring in a "hopeful" kind of way. I had started actually looking forward to Mondays. Eeew. Who does that? Well...we do...or did, anyway. I even said that I had a feeling that this would be our week. I feel like Pollyanna.

The phone rang yesterday - he was scheduled for 2 interviews today, and one tomorrow. This morning the phone rang while he was outside and I knew he wouldn't hear it - we are not people who answer each other's cell phones, for some reason. I wasn't going to answer it...but then I thought hmmm...maybe I should.

Well HELL YES I'm glad I did! It was the company I talked about in my first blog post - the one he (well, both of us) really really wanted to get. They sure took their time, but who cares now? Certainly not either one of us!

Then...

I had a meeting with the owner at the PT clinic that hired me for my GA position and they hired me for some part time work in the mornings, and then to work at tournaments and camps that they staff people for. I most likely won't start for a couple weeks because things are kind of slow right now, but once school starts it's on! I wish it started sooner, but that's ok, because I know it will be there.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my good news! Before I go, let's see what I can cross off the stress list...

1. Did I pass that certication exam?
2. Which leads to...will I keep my job?
3. Which leads to...if not, now I have to come up with tuition.
4. As well as...where will I get the $235 dollars to re-take it?
5. Where will I get the $500 dollars Concordia wants to reserve my spot in the grad program?
6. How long will it take to get my student loan? Answered!
7. Where is my missing check from the VA? On it's way!
8. If I get that check, how will I choose which bills to pay? Car payment, cell phone
9. Will Corey get one of these 14 or so jobs he's interviewed for soon? YES!
10. Will he be able to pay his bills? YES
11. What on earth is going to happen to our credit? It will survive!
12. Are we going to be able to have our families all together for the wedding we were hoping to have? YES
13. If not, can we just get married now without people being upset they missed it? NOPE
14. Will people even be able to come if we did? They'll be there!

Wow...we knocked off 9/14 things. See? It IS our week :) Now where are those test scores?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m psychic! (And a bit of a thunder stealer - sorry!)

Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

LOL yep, you totally called it, Miss Cleo!

I didn’t see your comment until right after I posted “the news” so there was no feeling of thunder-stealing

Thank you!

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker