I woke up really happy this morning because we were going to pick up our sofa and loveseat and it was going to be the best day ever.
:::insert obnoxious buzzer sound here:::
We got the loveseat in fairly easily. Then came the couch.
Not. A. Chance.
See, we live on the second floor. You enter our apartment from the ground level and there is nothing in front of you but our stairs. once you get up the stairs, there is a landing and the entrance to our livingroom on your right. That entrance is kind of skinny. We have vaulted ceilings, but that little doorway there is narrow and the landing isn’t very big. The couch is huge. There lies the problem.
Corey and his brother tried every angle they possibly could. They came close a few times, but would have needed about 3 more inches in any given direction for it to work. If we could get it over the balcony we could get it in our back door, but the balcony is too high. It would take a lot of rope and a few more strong guys to get it in that way. And maybe a ladder. Or 6.
I don’t know what else to do. I’m so disappointed.
We got the apartments to let us stick it in a garage until we figure it out, but it can’t stay there long without them making us rent it out, which would be way too expensive. Tomorrow I will try the maintenance guy - he’s been here awhile, maybe he’s got an idea. Maybe I can pay him and his ‘roid-ed out biceps to pick it up and throw it over.
And then, as if this day wasn’t sucking enough…
We went ahead with changing our wedding date to a week earlier. Not everyone I wrote to responded to let me know there was no problem with a week earlier. One of those was my matron of honor. She’s still in the army and I guess a week earlier they have something going on that she doesn’t think she’ll be able to get a couple vacation days.
Fuck.
3 comments:
Oh that’s awful! Can you return the couch if it doesn’t fit?
We bought it from a friend that lives a ways away, so that’s not really an option either.
I had an identical experience with a couch and a second floor apartment. We ended up returning the couch and buying a futon. Boo. I was pissed because it was my first “real” (and new) furniture. I hope you have better luck.
Post a Comment