That couch that we couldn't get in our apartment? It's coming in. TODAY.
Over the balcony.
What? It's been done before. My apartment manager has given her blessing, the couch has been measured, the balcony has been measured, and so has the doorway. It's going to work. It's going to work because it's just barely big enough, I have a shitload of ratchet straps and rope that I've borrowed, and I've recruited 4 strapping 20 year old boys to do the heavy lifting.
It's going to work because damn it, I want that couch. I want it in my livingroom. Now.
This is what happens when you have two very stubborn people living under one roof. He's stubborn in the way of no way it's not going to work I'm not going to touch it ever ever again sell it I'm done. I'm stubborn in the way of I want this and I will make it happen with or without you so the sooner you accept that the better surprise there is a couch in our livingroom hahahahaha too bad! I'm sure he'll love the couch once it is in the livingroom. Kind of like how I swore he'd love our cat Zoey once she was already in our house when he got home. Besides, how can he not love more room for planting our asses?
The fact that our relationship has thrived for 8 years is amazing.
So as soon as I finish my second cup of coffee I've got here, I'm going to go shovel a swell little path through the
Did I mention it is currently 9 degrees?
***Edit to update****
OH.
MY.
GOD.
Shoveling snow is no effing joke. My forearms can barely support my cup of coffee at this point. I'm afraid I've been rendered useless for lifting today.
No no no. I know I've pushed through exponentially more difficult things in the army, and I was much less excited about those things than I am this couch.
Here is my glorious path to the balcony:
That snow is deeper than it looks. Believe me.
3 comments:
This is fantastic. I cannot wait to see more.
Ha Good job Jessie! What a job just to get a couch!
I can’t wait to see how this turns out!
Post a Comment