(everybody’s got one)
Here is mine.
I’m sorry I haven’t posted or called or emailed in so long. I’ve been busier than ever. The office manager at the clinic quit, so I’ve been working there in her job every day from 9 am until 2:30 (until the new girl can start - 2 more weeks), then heading straight to my other job until at least 6, and sometimes as late as 9 pm. Then there is grad school crap to do when I get home.
Somewhere in all that I eat and sleep.
I’ve also been really busy gaining 12 lbs in the last 30 days (exactly). The only thing that has changed in my life habits in the sleep. So what I’m saying is apparently the trazodone has turned my metabolism into molasses on a cold cold day. TWELVE POUNDS. 30 DAYS. If I kept that up for a year, I’d gain 144 lbs. Yikes. I have this wedding dress I need to fit into, too. I already ordered the next size up because while the first one fit, it was snug, and I didn’t want to chance it. Now the new, bigger one is a worse fit than the first one was! WTF!
Anyway, I called my swell VA doctor (well, her nurse actually), and not only did she answer my call, she explained what was going on to my doctor AND called me back! They are replacing the trazodone with ambien, so hopefully that works out and maybe it will even bring my metabolism back to it’s former state, or God-willing, even BETTER than that. Somehow I doubt it.
Anyway, I also have this glorious fish-fry/brewery tour/irish pub/pizza shuttle night (with pictures!) to blog about, I just don’t have the time right now. My fingers are crossed for this weekend. Check back then :)
4 comments:
Sorry you’ve been so busy — that sucks!
Yeah for being switched to Ambien though. That would be great if it kick starts your metabolism again. Is a slowing metabolism a normal side effect of trazodone?
I gained on T’zone as well, but the sleep was worth it. I started back on it last week because my other new pills are giving me even worse insomnia than before. Not such a great idea. My hands were shaking like I was a lifelong alcoholic. I was a mess. Going to the doc today to get new drugs. Looking forward to sleep again. Man I miss it.
Tag. Sorry.
What did you get Sunny?
Tag? What? God I’m so behind.
Post a Comment