June 13, 2008

Open letter to my car

Yes. My car.

Dear My Car,

I hate you. I rescued you from that weird dealership in Fresno when I didn't even need to. I will never understand how or why I chose to get rid of a VW Cabrio for you. Actually I do remember, but in hindsight I realize that my logic was ridiculously flawed.

It doesn't make sense to me why the hell you suddenly won't allow me to roll down any of my windows but the driver's side window. I was willing to overlook the way the volume in you sometimes goes up (or nowhere) when I'm trying to turn it down and vice versa. And the way that you will only play some of my CD's and only when you feel like it. I'm not a fan of the paint that seems to be randomly wearing off of the hood. WTF is that about? It's making you look much trashier than you actually are.

Is this because I haven't washed you since sometime in the early spring of 2007? Just wondering.

GFY, car.

Love,

J.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

::golf clap::

Next time, submit, submit, submit.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely wash your car. The salt in the winter is very bad for the paint and the underparts of your vehicle.

Yes, I said underparts.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I actually read that as “underpants”. My car has underpants!

I didn’t really drive my car this winter - the hood-paint thing started long before that. It isn’t happening anywhere else on the car. When I went and got a new catalytic converter they said they didn’t think that was the original hood that came with the car. I was pissed. I got a lemon.

Anonymous said...

My Grand Am is a lemon too. I hate that f’ing car but love it all the same. Unfortunately, it costs more to drive than my ghetto looking crash-corolla.

I was in an accident a couple years ago and the front got smashed up. The grill fell out and it’s not possible to put another one in because all the brackets are broke.

Oh well, it’s just a vehicle and I happily get an awesome 35+ miles to the gallon which makes the fact that it’s not that “pretty” all the less important.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I’m not so good at the car washing thing either. My car probably wouldn’t look so ghetto if I actually washed it more often.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker