- I have an appointment to check out a Curves on thursday morning at 8. I think it will be a good starting point for me and I've heard good (and mixed) things about it. Anyone else have any thoughts?
- I've been on Lyrica 8 days and have managed to lose 8 pounds. I am not sure if I have the Lyrica to thank or if I should thank my doctor for taking me off the amitriptylin. I'm leaning towards the latter because on some sites I saw that a side effect of the amitriptylin was "severe weight gain". Not just weight gain. SEVERE. WTF?!?
- I still owe some short Portland stories.
- I was tagged for a meme-thing by Accidentally Me that I will try to do sometime today at work along with the Portland stories. I don't do those very often but since I like her so much I will play along :)
January 6, 2009
Damn it.
I just wrote a post and had it get eaten when I tried to submit. Here is the short bulleted version because I'm too lazy to write it all again:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I read somewhere that Curves has an AWESOME sale going on right now.
I could be wrong, but I think it's 1/2 price for the first month of free for the first month and 1/2 price for the month after.
Yeah, it is 1/2 off the initial membership fee and $34 a month. I think the first month is free too!
The owner donates 10% of Curves profits to vigilant anti-choice groups. Don't know if that matters to you or not.
No, it doesn't...for a few reasons.
Snopes has a good article about it with a little more truth and a little less fear-inducing & misleading language: http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/curves.asp
But I'll C&P the part that best sums up why that doesn't affect my opinion on them: "In each instance, these men are acting as private citizens who chose to bestow parts of their fortunes on the causes they believe in, not as officers of their corporations. The money is theirs to do with as they please, just as anyone's paycheck belongs to the person who earns it and stops being the employer's money the moment it is paid out...blah blah blah...likewise, a wealthy man who financially supports particular causes doesn't mean the corporation that paid him the money supports those movements."
While I'm not necessarily "anti-choice", I'm not pro-choice either. I personally would never have an abortion. Is it up to me to decide if someone else should be able to or not? Absolutely not. But I believe that abortion should not be used as a form of birth control and I think education before someone gets knocked up is important and I think it is important to have supportive programs that advocate adoption. In other words, steps should be taken in order to at least LOWER the abortion rate. And partial birth abortions, IMO, are apalling.
HTH.
One more thing:
I will never oppose abortions in the cases of rape, incest, and to save the life of the mother.
:::stepping off soapbox:::
i tried curves for a trial-session in fresno. its a 30min training thingie. you will find it super-retarted-easy. but it was still kind of neat to check it out.
Post a Comment