I just realized 2 things. 1) My next post (this one) would be my 200th, and 2) Not mentioning ANYTHING about the inauguration yesterday just wouldn't be right.
So here we are.
I like this picture of them. I like them. I think the inauguration yesterday was fantastic. There aren't even words for it.
Although...I could have done without that weird poetry reading and Aretha's hat, but hey - you can't please all the people all the time.
Since the day I first started paying attention to politics, I've considered myself a republican. I was even the secretary of the College Republicans club on campus at Fresno State for a little while. The more time has gone on, the less I feel like I really align with the views the republican party. But...I don't really identify with the democratic party either. I agree with a little of this and a little of that on each side, but I think they are both a little whacky. Or a lot whacky.
Anyway, I had a hard time deciding who to vote for. I'm not going to lie...Sarah Palin helped sway me a little. To grossly over-simplify things...I don't (didn't) like the direction this country was going and I believe we needed something completely different than what we've had. I think we need to come together as a country again, and I think Obama has the personality and the vision and the optimism to help that happen. I am afraid that people's expectations for this one man are much too high, but hey, who knows. Maybe great things will come out of this. Maybe they won't. I guess we'll see. And if we don't like it, 4 years will be here before we know it.
Good luck, Barack Obama - you're going to need it!

2 comments:
200 is a good milestone...at around 150 now on my blog. Can't leave out the Obamas!
Check out my latest post with a high-speed gif of a ketchup bottle being broken by a bullet
He's only been there for a couple days and hit the floor running.
I have the same optimism as you and I can't even explain how excited I am about the possible changes this country could see.
Post a Comment