April 4, 2010

Some things we've picked for the house so far...

The exterior color is a medium/dark sage green called "Cypress" and will have a white trim.  All of the other houses built so far are some shade of brown or gray with some shade of brown or gray trim.  We had to be different.  There will be something like 2 feet of stone/brick that goes around the base of the house too, but we haven't chose that yet.  Here is an example of cypress with white (obviously NOT our house):





We decided we didn't want any carpet so our major upgrade was to hardwood floors throughout.  We chose Brazilian Cherry.  It's not quite as dark in person as the picture.  It looks like this:



Our cabinets will be a dark cherry color.  This picture is of the same cabinets but in some other place (with some ugly appliances):







We also upgraded the counters to meganite.  It's better than laminate, but isn't quite granite.  I guess it's basically a high performance acrylic and other stuff in a language I don't really speak but I know this:  it's pretty, it has a kind of a stone feel, and according to their website it helps "contribute to healthy, sustainable, and safe environments..." blah blah blah.  Healthy and sustainable is good.  We chose the "south beach boulder" design.  Below is an example of it, but in person those big bright speckles are not remotely that noticeable.  It most looks like white stone.


As for appliances, we found a couple sweet deals on french door stainless steel fridges at the Sears scratch and dent outlet, so we'll be getting something from there.  Otherwise we're getting these:

Over-range microwave:



Dishwasher:
Range:

That's all we've got picked so far, but it's quite a bit!

2 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Looking good! I like the color, and I think you will be happy about wood floors...I am almost never a fan of carpet under any circumstances (maybe in some bedrooms). The wood looks better, lasts longer, is easier to clean and preserves the resale value. Win-win-win-win!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it all!!

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker