I forgot to post this the other day when I took it, and thought I'd share. The water was a beautiful shade of blue and there were all kinds of sailboats out there, just not in this picture.
I've been quiet this week because I've been working at a soccer camp (yay for getting paid!), and been doing a lot of pondering the wedding/reception situation. I've also spent an excessive amount of time researching (or attempting to) the different types of Lutherans. Why does there have to be so many denominations (Lutheran, Presbyterian, Baptist, etc) and then different types of those? I'm positive that I'm just overcomplicating it. We're meeting with the pastor at the church we went to last week on Monday night - I'm sure things will be much less complicated after that because I have a bunch of questions for him, and some thoughts of my own that I won't budge on, so I guess we'll see.
Anyway, I'm off to take a shower and email some very helpful knotties that can help me with my questions about the South Shore Park Pavillion.
4 comments:
I’m with you on all the denominations. I’m just like, you either believe in a higher power or you don’t. I know it’s not really that simple, but it’d be nice if it was :o)
Good luck on the church. Let me know if you have any questions, been Lutheran my whole life and I can help explain some of the difference. I can also recommend our church, love it!
OH! I just read further down. I use to go to the church that you have pics of (Grace). I know the Pastor and a lot of the members. Let me know if you have any questions.
Tracey-
Actually I really would LOVE to hear a person who is not directly involved (like family) or a non-pastor explain it to me in their terms. I’ve done a ton of reading and understand a lot *I think*, but it would be good to hear from someone else. Man I’ve been gone from the church for a loooong time.
I’d also love to hear more about Grace and also maybe why you don’t go there anymore. I guess it’d be better if we could go through email. I’m not sure how great of an idea it is to post my email address here, but I can delete it later I suppose. It’s not like I haven’t posted it on the knot before, lol.
It’s solarcain78 at gmail dot com. Thanks! Sorry this got so long - as you can see I have lots of ?’s.
Post a Comment