February 21, 2008

Today in a nutshell (complete with bullet points)


  • My new (but the same), larger wedding dress came today.

  • It fits just as bad as the old one did because I've gained 10 pounds since I started taking Trazodone.

  • I feel disgusting. I've been 20 lbs heavier than I am right now and I feel worse than I did then.

  • I have no motivation to work out when I actually have the time to work out. When I'm busy, I itch to work out. Like "ohmygodI'minthemiddleof10thingsrightnowbutandhourontheellipticalwouldfuckingrock."

  • Did you catch that?

  • I'm up to 6 people that cannot make it to our wedding.

  • 3 of those I expected.

  • 3 are disappointing, but I understand. Like my grandparents. And my matron of honor, who is still in the army.

  • Our new save-the-date cards came today. They look good.

  • Except now I have to address them.

  • I have approximately 15,974,277 wedding things left to do.

  • It feels that way, anyway.

  • Tomorrow I have to help train a new person at the clinic who is technically a little higher on the food chain than I am there (I'm just an admin clerk there).

  • Awkward.

  • I think that is all I have the patience to get into right now.


Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I only work at the clinic until around 12 or 1, and then I'm meeting 2 iFriends for the first time and going to a fish fry and brewery tour at some point tomorrow night.

Unfortunately, I have a long and annoying day of work on Saturday. Then on Sunday we'll be heading to Madison to celebrate Corey's older brother's birthday and his younger brother's girlfriend's birthday (say that 3 times fast). I also have some homework to accomplish at some point by Sunday at midnight. Oy.

$5 says that somewhere in all that I'll have the urge to work out and won't be able to.

[By the way...the people who were formerly known as iFriends have been real friends for quite some time now. They have played an amazing part in my sanity since moving here and in many ways have been a solid rock that I know I can trust and could count on for anything - laughs, support, a shoulder to cry on, honest opinions - anything.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new wedding dress. You have 5 months to lose the weight (not that you need to, but go for it if it makes you feel better) and you’ll have all of the beautiful warm months to do it in. Hell, all you would have to do it walk around the block once a day and you’d lose that, plus some. You’ll do great.

As far as wedding crap to do, call me. You know I’m a wedding whore.

Anonymous said...

SMOOCHES!
I’m glad the new dress came! You have plenty of time to loose the weight — it will be fine! Breathe and relax

If you ever need help, let me know. I’ve been busy lately, but if I’m free, I’m always willing to help with the wedding stuff.

Run the envelopes through your printer and just use a pretty font. If you lived closer, I would do it for you on my work printer — it’s pretty darn nice. I know it’s “etiquette” to hand adress envelopes but seriously, I don’t think people really pay all that much attention. I don’t. Save yourself the stress.

Oh, and Jay & I will take 2 of your now open seats. TIA GFY.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel about working out. EXACTLY. I only want to sweat when I can’t.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE wedding stuff–if you ever need help just holler!

Anonymous said...

This may sound weird, but I LOVE addressing things, if you want me to address your STD’s and wedding invites. I’ve got some purty writing and everything.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker