March 13, 2008

The day I knew my parents were grown up

My mom emailed my dad.

As in...they communicated.

We're talking about two people who haven't been on the same side of a wall in about 20 years.

It was in reference to something else that came up that I won't get into that is making me feel like total shit and has my parents conspiring to find a way for me to not beat myself up so much about it.

Now I know for SURE that my parents have grown up. I mean...I have been suspecting it for a long time, and it took my dad quite a while longer than it took my mom, but everyone knows that girls mature faster than boys. ;)

Weird. But cool. And unexpected. I am feeling much better about them all being in the same place for our wedding. Almost...excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be such a great feeling! Separated parents are obviously tough, but it is brutal and really unfar on children if they can’t at least be civil. They share so much, you would hope that they could at least appreciate the importance of each other.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I’m so glad that they are growing up
Seriously though, it’s great that you can count on them right now. And you should NOT beat yourself up or feel like a total shit regarding the somethine else that came up. SMOOCHES!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I miss my bestie - this whole thing with you working an obscene amount of hours blows. Are you going to April’s book club?

Anonymous said...

I’m actually back to (almost) my normal schedule now, I’m just kind of getting my ass kicked up and down by grad school. More than anything though I just haven’t had much to say or contribute to anything. I’m feeling very “blah” about things lately.

I should be at book club in April.

Anonymous said...

yay! that is awesome! we were worried about some family members getting along at cassie’s wedding too! not sure if i told you or not but my grandma and grandpa (my mom’s parents) hadn’t talked to each other in over 20 years too! we were all a little nervous that is would either be bad or really awkward. but props to the g-parents they seemed to get along great!

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker