March 4, 2008

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

So it's no secret (at least in this neck of the woods) that Brett Favre announced his retirement today.

Some people are devastated. Some people don't give a crap.

I say good for him.

While I don't have the lifelong attachment to Brett Favre like many do, that doesn't mean I don't love and admire the guy. I wasn't surprised to hear the news. He had an awesome and unexpected season, broke every record there is to break (good and bad), and was ready. I'm sad to see him go, but he's going out on a good note.

Good luck Brett!



Now someone find me a highlight video of all of his funny on and off-field pranks and goofing around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

–hadn’t checked in for awhile, but knew you would have something to say about Favre’s retirement. Then I backtracked to the pub crawl/s and Irish pub visit–looks like lots of fun with good friends. I’m sorry that other parts of your life are a bit crazy-making–like school and troublesome drugs. Hope the Ambien works better for you.

In the meantime, we’re counting down until we leave for California next Thursday. After a week in Palm Desert, we’ll spend Easter weekend in San Marcos with the family. Understand that your mom will be receiving an award in Hollywood that Friday evening, and we’ll congratulate her Saturday!

Jody called this morning to report that her meniscus surgery had gone well. She was talking to us while Ron talked to his mom–so there was lots of conversation going on.

We send love and hugs to you both–may coming days be good ones! XXX, GMM

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker