March 27, 2008

The Jonas Brothers? Really?

First of all, I'm having deja vous. Hanson, anyone? Mmm bop. Gross.

Second: What the hell are they doing performing on Dancing with the Stars? Shouldn't they be on something like Hannah Montana or The Amanda Show?

Third: They should think about taking a break for a few years because all of that pubescent voice cracking is really rough on the ears. I should ask my sisters about them. I need to know if a 13 year old girl even finds them our their music remotely "dreamy". Gag.

By the way, I realize that Dancing with the Stars was on a couple days ago. I had it recorded and watched it while I worked out (yes, I worked out!) today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Jonas Brothers did appear on Hannah Montana before they did Dancing with the Stars.
The Amanda Show has been in reruns for years.
The Jonas Brothers are 15, 18 and 20. All post-pubescent.
I don’t know if 13-year-old girls find them “dreamy,” but such girls have made them one of the fastest-selling music acts in history.

Anonymous said...

It almost sounds like you are offended. Clearly I am out of touch with my screechy, voice-cracky, teenage boy side.

Anonymous said...

Somebody is a die hard Jonas Brothers groupie. And it ain’t you, Jessie.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for this long note but us Jonas fans are, well, occasionally nutjobbish and quite serious.

I think the brothers are fantastic…they are maybe not the easiest band for people to “get” at first because they don’t really fit into any particular genre perfectly.

People call them a trio….but they’re not, that “backing band” has been with them for years. They have a bubblegum thing, but also a rock angle, an R&B, a country angle…they look like a boyband, so people expect them to sound like one…but they don’t. It can be jarring.

As for their voices - those are their voices. They aren’t American Idol conventional, for the most part. They have great voices…but people do get ill with colds and they actually sing live unaided (which people aren’t so used to anymore).

They perform very well live (I’ve seen them plugged and unplugged) and their stage presence is awesome.

I am, shall we say double-13-years-old-plus (ack) and sure, I heard of them as a mom, but give them a chance…they are a band with a lot of personality and it’s hard to deny that that is also a big part of their appeal.

Anonymous said...

Liz - thank you for not having that stick in your butt that Bergen had. I can definitely respect and understand your opinions on the boys. I love all kinds of music, but these guys are definitely not my thing.

Who would have thought a post about these guys would have brought some strangers around to my blog?

Anonymous said...

Jonas Brothers - check. Hannah Montana - check. The Amanda Show - ? And it’s in reruns?

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker