March 21, 2008

First full day of spring, my ass!



Yesterday it was sunny and warm (by our current standards) and most of the snow was gone except for where it was piled up from the plow. Today, we get a foot of snow.

In other randomness...

I'm rocking my NCAA basketball brackets, which is funny because I don't like basketball. Well, I didn't anyway. Now I am more than happy to have it on all day long so I can cheer for my picks. Why the sudden change? I'm taking part in fundraiser for National Athletic Training Month. The winner of the bracket pool thingamawhateveryoucallit gets the money donated to the athletic training program of their choice. Mine, of course, would go to Fresno State (much to the dismay of my fellow participants in this). I miss those bastards. As an AT, it is illegal to personally profit from any type of betting etc., but from what I understand, we can donate to any organization. I'm glad I wasn't the one in charge of figuring these rules and loopholes out.

In other news, I'm back to the beginning with wedding dress shopping. I'm not happy about it. Neither of my dresses (I have two) fit me properly. One I gained too much weight for. The other is not flattering. At all. I have no idea what I want, other than to not look like a puffy white marshmallow cow on our wedding day.

I'm really looking forward to going to Madison on Tuesday morning and spending the night at a friend's house for some quality chick-time. We're going to eat, drink, and play Wii. Maybe we'll do each other's hair and talk about boys and have a pillow fight. At some point I might even go try on a few dresses, ideally after I've had several drinks, but we'll see.

I also have this crappy prospectus to write for my crappy "non-thesis" grad school option. I use the term non-thesis loosely, because in my eyes, it's still pretty much a freaking thesis. Maybe at some point during this spring break (only from work - not school) I'll sit down and find the articles I should have looked for a week ago. Maybe.

No comments:

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker