I think I might have left that out.
So hey...we're moving!
We've taken 6 loads or so in Corey's truck over the last week and have pretty much everything but the big stuff out of here. Remember Operation Couch? In case you are new here, it was a fascinating 6 part series the day I recruited 3 of my undergrad students to come hoist my new couch up over the balcony of our second floor apartment.
Anyway...now we have to reverse it and get the couch back out. Good times!
We have a u-haul, 2 friends, and my future little brother-in-law reserved for Sunday to help us with it and to get the rest of our shit out of this place!
I am really excited about our new place. It's the lower part of a duplex that my friend owns. Her and her husband (and super adorable baby that I watch 3 days a week!) just bought a new house, so we are moving in. It's in a good (and pretty) neighborhood right across the street from a gorgeous catholic church, and 2 doors down from an equally gorgeous lutheran church. It's got shiny new appliances and cabinets, hardwood floors, and pretty pretty built in woodwork. And a cute little yard in the front and back. And a basement! And it's even got 2 little stained glass windows. This is like Christmas x 100 for me.
Did I mention that the street is lined with big trees? I dream of things like this.
Ridiculous, no?
I'm sure the honeymoon phase of our new place will wear off eventually, but right now it's heaven. Sunday night we will sleep there finally, and I think we've got it worked out with our apartments that we won't have to clean anything, which will be a glorious time and energy saver.
Oh crap - I left out the best part - our rent will be considerably cheaper than it is here - an apartment that isn't near anything but a few crappy neighborhoods! Yay!
The only downside is that for the next year it will take me about 40-45 minutes to get to work instead of 20-25. That is going to be a real bitch in the winter, but I'll deal.
4 comments:
Congrats! Enjoy the new place. I’ve heard it’s lovely.
I am so jealous of your new digs.
You should have a HO to show off the new place! How did the reverse of operation couch go?
It worked! And again, it wasn’t nearly as complicated as imagined.
Post a Comment