December 30, 2008

Disturbing Lyrica Dream #1

I went back to the doctor yesterday because even though I was falling asleep faster and getting more quality sleep and waking up with less fibro pain, I could feel that none of my clothes were fitting and I wasn't a fan of not having much choice but 10-11 hours of sleep.  I realize that for a lot of you, 10-11 hours sounds like heaven.  I like it too...on the one day of the week I never need to accomplish anything (Sunday).  The rest of the time it is just WAY TOO MUCH.

Anyway, he gave me two sample bottles of Lyrica and is starting me at one 50mg pill twice a day.  Well, last night I was spacing and took 2 of them before bed instead of one.  About an hour later I started feeling high.  An hour after that...I felt REALLY high so I went to bed.  When I laid down, I wasn't particularly sleepy, but I was very relaxed and to be honest I couldn't really seem to feel my limbs.  It took awhile to fall asleep, but I didn't really mind.  Go figure.

Around 4 am, I woke up from a very bizarre and disturbing dream.  I'd read that Lyrica can cause all these things so I wasn't exactly surprised.  At least not until I got a drink of water and laid back down and realized what was going on in my dream.

Myself and another woman I knew (not sure who exactly) were somehow kidnapped somewhere in Africa.  They took our clothes and we were locked in this giant dirty drug-lord mansion.  Another woman there told us to hurry and handed us huge towels and sheets to wrap around us.  We soon found out why.  The more layers of clothes we wore, the more difficult it would be for them to rape us and they would give up because they were lazy.  So my dream went on over the span of a few days where we were raped, beaten, and even pissed on repeatedly.  It became a part of life.  I made friends with the other women there and we just went through every single day hoping someone would come for us.

As if that wasn't disturbing enough...

In the dream I didn't care about what was happening to us.  I think it was some kind of bizarre coping mechanism.  Sometimes we were even laughing about it.  WTF?!?!

There was some more detail that I remember but it's so graphic and disturbing I am going to leave it out.

I've heard that the wacky side effects of Lyrica eventually fade out.  I don't mind bizarre dreams but that was definitely a bit much.  I was hesitant to take one this morning in case it makes me high again but I did anyway since I have several hours between now and work.

No comments:

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker