January 4, 2009

Pulmonary Embolism

This is what we found out my mom has last night.  She went in to the hospital on new year's day (after putting it off a couple days) because she was in a lot of pain and didn't feel well.  She suspected a kidney infection, but then they saw that she had some pancreatic inflammation and that her pseudo-cyst from earlier this year was gone, but there was scar tissue there now.  Either way...also not the culprit even though her amylase and lipase levels (pancreatic stuff) are still through the roof (they are lower though - that's good).  Anyway, x-rays, a CT scan, and an EKG later...we have pulmonary embolism.

She is finally back at home tonight with all kinds of new medications to take on top of the ones for RA and the other fun stuff.  This now includes giving herself injections twice a day of Lovenox, some blood thinners, and vitamins.

:::sigh:::

She is too young to have to deal with all this.  I wish she lived closer so I could help her out and be there for her more.

I'm sorry for the seeming-randomness to those of you who haven't heard/read any of my worries about my mom and her health and that I'm speaking like it's common knowledge.  I don't always do a very good job keeping track of where I put my thoughts or to whom (who? I never quite got that one) ends up on the receiving end of them.

3 comments:

Jess P said...

Ugh. I'm sorry Jessie. Its hard enough to deal with family health issues, and to be so far away can't make it any easier.

Vanessa said...

Good lord Jessie, I'm sorry. I hope she feels better soon. That is a lot of stress for both of you. I'm thinking about you and mom.
<3 Noles

Anonymous said...

Thanks ladies. I just talked to her and she sounds better. She gets some kind of test results and has a doctor appt tomorrow so hopefully we'll know more then.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker