I realized that it's been a LONG time since I transferred any of my pictures over to my external hard drive and that my picture folders are all in chaos. I found this pic of my mom - I think it is from about a year ago - when she got to fly in a fighter jet.
You see, my mom is a top government sales person for a major wireless company, and all of her clients are the USMC, DoD, Homeland Security....those type of folks. She gets to do awesome things on a regular basis because 1) She is badass at her job, and 2) She has badass clients. Recently she was able to go fire military weapons on a marine corps base in southern California. She also gets special passes to watch the annual Miramar Air Show and hang out (and eat) with all the generals and other high ranking officers in their special fancy-pants tent. The Blue Angels pilots even come in there after they are done flying.
Another completely awesome thing...
My mom might be winning a trip to Rome sometime in 2009. If my step-dad doesn't want to go (which is VERY likely, oddly enough) guess who is next in line to be her guest? Yep. ME. M-E. That would rock my world. She sent me a link to the hotel we'd be staying at and it looks AMAZING. I've always wanted to go there and we'd have so much fun together. My mom and I aren't very far apart in age - I'm 30, she is 47. Plus, my step-dad probably wouldn't appreciate all the cool history and stuff there is to see in Rome.
And how could I forget get this little morsel of goodness?!?
A few days ago she was invited to go to all of Obama's inauguration festivities! Sure, she's a republican (as am I) and probably didn't vote for him (but...*gasp*...I did - sshhh...don't tell! Hi Aunt Jodi!), but so what? It's HISTORY IN THE MAKING, people! Who passes that up? NO ONE.
I wonder if she'll need a date for that one...
Anyway, I will end this post with a sweet pic of my mom and I straight out of the 80's:
PS. Happy birthday Grandma Joyce (even though you don't read this and probably don't know what the hell a blog is)!

2 comments:
umm... I'm pretty sure I want to be your mom when I grow up!
I'm wicked jealous. We've got our flights and accomodation for DC, but my Senator hasn't had the lottery for tickets yet...
Post a Comment