December 16, 2007

Dear (other) High School (sport) Coach...



Do you think you could have been a bigger prick tonight?

You are a ___ coach and a history teacher. I am an athletic trainer. When your player goes down and I am hauling ass out there to him it is for a reason. That reason is not so I can watch you check him out to see what YOU think is wrong and totally blow me off. Then, when you finally let me do the job that I am being paid to do, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't get pissed off at me and tell me that you think I'm wrong. Go do your job and I'll go do mine while you mind your own effing business.

This time, yes, I was wrong. The injury wasn't to the extent that I suspected. I'm glad I was wrong for the sake of your injured player. That doesn't entitle you to smile at me like an arrogant jerk-off.

I'd also appreciate it if your blow-hard assistant coach never speaks to me again. When I asked him 2 minutes earlier if anyone needed anything, he said no. I'd love to know why he comes over to my student and I right after that demanding two ice bags, and then felt the need to pace and swear at me and my student like a lunatic because it took him a minute to go and get this for him. I'm sorry that I couldn't just shit an ice-bag on the spot for that douchebag. If he swears at me again for no reason I might not have the patience or tact to not punch him in the throat.

It was an honor and a pleasure to watch my team beat yours tonight.

Sincerely,

J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. They sure don’t act like adults and good examples for students. It’s HIGH SCHOOL, FCOL. They need to take it down a notch. That, or you could chuck an ice pack at their junk?

Anonymous said...

Chucking an ice pack at the junk would have been a nice move…I maybe could have even passed it off with an “oopsie! so sorry!” but oh well. When it comes time for us to play them next year I will be doing my best to not be the one working that game.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker