More specifically - in 29 minutes I will be 29 years old.
29 doesn't sound like as big of a number as it used to. Well...until you factor in what I used to think my life would be like around this age. While I can't exactly describe what I pictured when I was 16, I can say for certain that it didn't involve:
- Grad school
- Wisconsin
- Kids
- Athletic training
- a million mistakes on my way to where I am now
But here I am...in grad school, in Wisconsin, an athletic trainer, happy, in love, and with SERIOUS baby fever. Funny how life plans never turn out as hoped or expected. In my case, they turned out better. Who would have thought that a series of bad choices would lead to this life. MY life. I can't say with honesty that I would change the bad choices I've made because they make me who I am. They are the reason I am where I am, and the reason that I am with the person I'm with. Changing even one of those things makes me believe that things could be totally different. I don't want that.
Sure, there are some things that I probably should not have done. Things that were wrong. Things that were bad. Things that had potential to hurt people. But you know what? They're over and done. Life goes on. Everyone moves on. Mistakes are learned from. Another year goes by.
So here I am. Not proud of everything, but regretting nothing. I've accomplished a lot, and there is plenty more to come.
A marriage.
A career.
BABIES!!!
***Little known fact about me***: Tomorrow is not only my birthday (and my uncle's...and Britney's...) but it is also the 3rd anniversary of the day I woke up and decided that I wanted children to be a part of my future. I never wanted that before then. The closest I ever came before that day was a lie I told to a man from my former life - "maybe someday". What I was really thinking was "Not a chance in hell."
The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes.
9 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Happy birthday. Funny how things turn out, huh?
Happy birthday!!
Yay for SBF!!
Happy Birthday! I know you are loving Wisconsin right about now.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Enjoy every minute of 29!
Happy Birthday:-)
I can’t say that I share the baby-gene. They are cute and all, but I just have no desire to have one of my own right now…they cry, cost a fortune and ruin your social life…lol. But here’s hoping you can get on that as soon as possible!
Sounds like you’re in a wonderful place. I turned 29 this summer and so far so great. Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment