I had big ideas of heading somewhere fun downtown, but by the time I got home from work all I wanted to do was take a nap. Since I was tired, and Corey isn't a big "try-er of new things", we headed to Outback Steakhouse down the road in Fox Point. By the time I got there I wasn't tired anymore and decided it was time to drink. It's been so long since I've been there that I forgot how good their drinks are and how I could easily go there just to drink. I had a pomegranite-pear martini which was delicious, and with my dinner I had some kind of mango sangria concoction. I highly recommend either one. I also felt the need to treat myself to my favorite food on this earth - Lobster!
Melissa, if you're reading this - I miss our lobster outings :) Here is the picture I took with my phone and tried to send you...
After dinner we went over to the Borders bookstore that is across the parking lot. There was live music which was kind of cool. It looked kind of like old-folks night at the bookstore, but there's nothing wrong with that! I got myself a cafe americano (in honor of my dad) to wander around with (just like my dad always does), and headed towards the books. While Corey was off finding a bathroom, a very deep-voiced, goth-dressed black man in sunglasses (indoors...at night) got very curious about my necklace. He apparently needed to touch it. Our conversation went like this:
Him: "That is a very beautiful necklace." (you have to say this to yourself in the deepest, slowest, almost creepy voice possible)
Me: "Thank you"
Him: "May I see it?"
Me: "Ummmm...sure?"
Him: (reaches out and holds and RUBS my necklace) "Hmmm...yes, yes that is very nice. It must be... [pause] ...amber? Or...[pause]...perhaps...[pause]...tiger eye?"
Me: "Yeah...it's tiger's eye." (wondering if he is going to let go of my necklace)
Him: "Well it's a beautiful necklace. Thank you for showing it to me."
Me: "You're welcome."
Weird, no? Keep in mind he had me by a very short string around my neck, and I have issues with strangers getting into my "bubble". And I was slightly buzzed.
Anyway, as we were heading home to watch movies I had the sudden urge to hear the song Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger, so I called the radio station and they put it on for me. It's been stuck in my head ever since (hence the title of this blog - it's lyrics to the song). Yes, I am a radio-station caller. I do it all the time. Sometimes I even win stuff! Not since I moved here though.
We watched the Quentin Tarantino movie "Grindhouse." Whoaholyweirdnessandgore - but if it wasn't graphic it wouldn't be Tarantino. It was weird and full of random just like the rest of his movies, so I wasn't disappointed - but nothing will ever beat Pulp Fiction.
The rest of the night is none of your business ;)
3 comments:
What a weirdo! The necklace guy I mean.
1) You’re right, you have no excuse not to go out!!! When you have a kid around, you will look back and think “What was I thinking? I should have been out every day!!!”
2) Necklace guy…weird!!!
3) Just because it is none of our business doesn’t mean we don’t wanna hear about it! You can’t “yada, yada” the best part of the night!!!
I would, but I don’t think my grandparents want to read about that kind of stuff :)
Post a Comment