March 1, 2010

60/365. Never again, Applebee's.

(written as if I wrote it that day because...well...that's how I roll)

I didn't take a picture of anything today.  Why you ask? Well...because neither of us could get out of bed.

The culprit?

That, my friends, is The Devil.  It is the asiago peppercorn steak, roasted red potatoes, broccoli, and zucchini from Applebee's.  I'm not going to lie...it was delicious.  Probably the the most delicious meal I've ever eaten there.   At least it was the first time I got to taste it - not the next 10.

But let's back up.

Early in my pregnancy - I don't remember exactly when but maybe mid fall - April, Matt, Corey and I went to Applebee's for a cheap and close dinner.  There we are, enjoying our meals and my having one morning sickness-free day.  I take a big ol' bite of my chicken whateveritwas, and what do I find in the middle of it?

A very long, brown, PIECE OF HAIR.

OH MY GOD.

So at the time, I obviously never planned to eat there again.

Fast forward to last night.  April calls...wants to take us out to dinner...we're tired, but ok...what is close and cheap and fast but isn't fast food?  Applebee's.  There are others, but those didn't sound as good to them and I was feeling brave, so we went.

Corey and I both order The Devil, cooked exactly the same way...everything the same.  And eat it all. April has some chicken thing, we sit, chat, chug tea...all is well.

About a half hour after we get home, Corey is in the bathroom throwing up.  Not even normal throwing up.  The awful violent kind.  I'm sitting there feeling all bad for him and wondering if the few beers he had the night before had anything to do with it.  He comes back out, lays down, feels terrible...15 minutes or so go by and suddenly I'm queasy.  Uh oh. Right after I say that, Corey heads back into the bathroom to get sick again.  By the time he came out, I was heaving over the kitchen sink.

And that is how the rest of last night AND all of this morning went - the most violent of violent vomit alternated with diarrhea.

Let me tell you...dueling food poisoning is NOT the time to only have one bathroom in the house, people.

We couldn't keep down anything...not even water.  Neither of us could get out of bed for more than a few minutes at a time the entire day - except for that short amount of time we somehow managed to drag ourselves to my 32 week OB appointment (everything is ok with the baby!) and then immediately had to go back to bed.

Minute maid juice bars saved our lives today.

I thought I'd had food poisoning before, but I was sorely sorely mistaken.  THIS is food poisoning.

No comments:

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker