March 24, 2010

83/365. Baby Britches!



We decided a long long time ago that cloth diapering was for us. Partly because of the (massive) cost savings, and partly in an effort to make less waste. We were going to use a diaper service that opened up in Milwaukee last year that would have cost roughly $6-700 a year but then realized we could cut even THAT cost in half by buying it all and doing it ourselves. It's a good thing we made that decision BEFORE we decided to buy a house too far for the service to deliver.

Now I'm all excited about it. I also now have plans to also make my own laundry detergent, cloth diaper detergent, and reusable baby wipes. Some say this makes me a hippie, some say it makes me frugal...I'll wear either one with pride.

Since I know some of you are reading this and probably cringing, let me put in a few disclaimers...

1) Yes, I've dealth with cloth diapers before. Actually, I've probably dealt with them even more than disposables. They aren't a big deal.
2) I have a strong stomach, but poop is not a big deal anyway.
3) I don't give two sh*ts if you choose cloth or disposables. It's a very personal choice.  I do not, would not, and will not judge you for choosing either one over the other.

Aaaaaaaanyway...how cute is this diaper cover? You should see how tiny it is.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Making your own detergent and wipes?!??!

Holy christ I feel inferior... I have never even heard of that before! How did you find out how?

Jess P said...

I don't really understand why people freak about the poop. Because you have to put it in the toilet (which you're supposed to do with disposables anyway)? I mean, babies poop. They poop no matter what kind of diaper they have on. If someone is having a baby and doesn't think they'll get up close and personal with a little poop now and again, they're dumb, and I will be making fun of them. A lot.

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker