I finally got my full weekend for the first time since sometime in August, so this weekend Corey and I headed to Madison (technically it's Monona, but anyway...) to get out of the house and go visit his family. We hadn't been there in over a month, so it was great to see everyone and to be able to just have two straight days of relaxation. Corey's grandma was also in town, and we hadn't seen her since Linda and Andre's wedding.
Some highlights of the weekend....
Saturday morning I went and got 7 inches of my hair cut off! I've been pondering it for awhile, so I finally got the guts to go do it. It turned out great and I love it. She didn't do as many layers at the front of my hair like in the picture I showed her, but that is because she advised me against making too much of a change at once. It made sense, so I went with it. Hindsight, I wish I would have told her to just go for it, but I will next time. Here is a picture, for those who haven't seen it already.
Earlier Saturday afternoon, Linda, Grandma, and I headed to Fitchburg to a pumpkin patch/apple orchard called Epelgaarden Farm (I think). It was really pretty out there, and I took a few pictures that I will attach to the bottom of this post. We went and wandered around the orchards, snagged a few apples off the trees (since no one was around) and at them. They were damn tasty. Before calling me an apple thief, you should know that Linda and Grandma did it first. Then we went and scoped out the pumpkin patch, which was picked pretty bare. What was left wasn't in the best shape, but all the pumpkins looked good from a distance. We left the farm with armloads of apples (paid for), 2 pumpkins, caramel dip, two jugs of cider, and 3 different kinds of jelly and went home and immediately started eating a little bit of everything. Now that I think about it, I feel like we ate all day every day all weekend long.
Later that night I headed to downtown Madison with Linda, Andre, Grandma, and the dogs to a small art show that featured some art by Andre's mom and brother. Andre is also an artist and is featured in an awesome article in the October issue of Brava magazine. If you want to check out some of his art (which is awesome, by the way) go check out www.livingmuseum.com. There was some pretty cool stuff at the show - the Ferrella's are a talented bunch. Even more interesting at the show were some of the people...one guy was up in another room doing drawings and knows Andre so we went up to say hi. This guy was a character that I couldn't even begin to describe. He reminded me a lot of Johnny Fever from the old tv show WKRP in Cincinatti. He also ripped a massive fart and exclaimed "Whooopsie!" Yeah.
Even later Saturday night, we all sat around and played Trivial Pursuit on the playstation 2, and I dipped into a couple of the many bottles of wine in the house. I almost drank too much of it - but not too much to lose at Trivia Pursuit! Or maybe it is that I drank enough to win TP...we may never know.
Sunday we obviously watched the Packers/Redskins game - some really blind refs in this one, but the cardiac Pack still won in the end. 5-1!!! Not too shabby! This victory over the Redskins was particularly sweet because Sunday morning I woke up to a text message from XH1 bragging about how "my boys" better be ready for an ass whoopin. Yeah, right.
(I guess I should mention here that XH1 and I are not exactly buddies or anything, but we don't hate each other either. It's a pretty neutral territory - hell...we got married (and divorced) really young and stupid. I'm over it, so is he. That said - my family can't stand him. At all. )
Anyway...Sunday morning I also colored my hair. Bad idea. I am smart enough to not use permanent haircolor or highlights on myself, but still too dumb to remember that anything with "golden" is not remotely flattering on me. Thank God it will be gone in 28-ish days. Hopefully by then I can get it done with the good stuff by a pro. If not, I will at least be smarter with my color choices.
Anyway, it's late, and I'm sleepy. I'm also frustrated as hell with grad school and my job, but that is another story for another day. Here are some pictures instead :)
9 comments:
Love the hair! Yea for short hair!
A few things:
I’ve been to that orchard. Loved it!
I like the haircut.
And the horse picture? It’s my favorite.
cute hair!!
I love the pictures! So colorful…
And you know I love the hair.
Nice haircut! I wish I were brave enough to try bangs. They look great on you.
Hey, do they sell apple donuts at that orchard? Because that’s what orchards are about for me, and after almost five months here, I can totally find Fitchburg.
Thank you everyone!
Apple donuts? Seriously? That sounds a-freaking-mazing! I know they had food there but we didn’t dare go in to that part of it because my fiance was cooking a big family dinner at home. They had quite a bit of stuff there though - maybe if you can find their number you call to ask. Mmm…donuts…
APPLE THIEF
Awww, sounds like a fabulous weekend, I’m jealous! I feel as though I’m missing out on fall. It’s going by so quickly!!
I don’t think I saw your hair before you cut it, but it looks great now!!! Cheers to short hair!!!
HA!!!!HA!!!!! I couldn’t believe this! Just happened to find it looking up Andre’s website but new one isn’t up yet! That’s so cute! And you are plugging Andre and his website! Good daughter!!! No wonder he thinks the sun rises on you! Gotta show grandma the pics tommorrow. Really good ones! Love You! Linda
Post a Comment