I've found an enticing replacement in the murder weapons of nature growing off of the roof outside our balcony. I have a vision of myself dropping something off my balcony and having to go underneath it to retrieve it - right as the deathcicle decides to break off and stab me through the back as I bend over to pick up whatever I dropped.
The first one was about 3 feet long a few days ago:
But then that one broke off and was replaced by this thicker, meaner one overnight:
That was late in the morning yesterday...now it is close to a full 6 feet long:
I really hope it keeps growing and doesn't break off. I have a thing for icicles and think they are pretty...even if I think they might kill me. When I was a kid in Oregon I used to love picking them off and throwing them at my cousins, but they were nothing like these. Wisconsin icicles are icicles on 'roids.
I'm looking forward to having a whole wall of them soon :) :
3 comments:
When I was in elementary school, we were all coming in from recess and an icicle like your deathicle fell from the roof and hit this kid in the head. He had to get stitches. It didn’t kill him though. True story.
I still like the way they look too.
Icicles on steroids! Ha!
A few days ago I walked into my bathroom in the morning and saw three giant icicles hanging down from the roof above the window. It looked like scary, icy claws of death. They still freak me out when I see them.
Mine melted today.
Post a Comment