We have lived here in the duplex that my friend Sheila owns for a little over a year and a half now. We live in the lower, and 2 guys split the upper. In our basement, each unit has their own separate washer & dryer, however we share a kitchen size garbage can for our lint & dryer sheet garbage. Since we share this, you'd think EVERYONE would be responsible for emptying the thing, right?
I guess not.
In a year and a half, this garbage can has been emptied twice.
I'll give you one guess who seems to be the only one who knows how and where to empty this thing. Yep. Me. Now...Corey doesn't do laundry or otherwise spend time in the basement, so I give him a free pass on this one. But what about the other two people that do laundry down there?
I mean...taking a kitchen trash bag full of lint and empty containers (that should be RECYCLED) up 6 steps, out a door, and to the big garbage can 6 feet away is HARD. Right? WRONG. I mean...then they'd have to bring it back AND put it away. That's like...TORTURE, people. Torture.
I'm not doing it this time. I have stopped putting my lint in there...yet someone keeps stacking their crap up. As you can see, it is now to the point of having to balance things to get them to stay on there. It's effing gross. And lazy. Even the cat is disgusted. And I guarantee that empty dryer sheet box will be stuffed to the gils before anyone remotely considers taking it out.
And that, my friends, will probably end up being me. Sigh.

1 comment:
I couldn't handle it. I would probably at least take out the recyclables, just so that they didn't end up getting trashed. However, I've lived in apartment situations EXACTLY like this.
Post a Comment