This...is my brother in law. Well, the younger one. His name is Matt. Tonight he is making us lasagna for dinner, and it is smelling delicious.
Some things about Matt:
- He's 25 and a nice boy.
- He's really smart.
- He's been in college forever, has 3 degrees (2 BAs and an MA) to show for it, and is working on his PhD.
- He falls in love hard and fast and usually pays a hefty emotional price for it.
- He flushes the toilet while he is STILL PEEING. This annoys me to no end.
- He doesn't rinse out his dishes when he is at our house, but he has at least started bringing them to the sink.
- The wrong side of the sink. But that is neither here nor there.
- He always tries to insist on sleeping on our couch when he stays over. I won't let him because...
- He stays up until like 4 am and sleeps until noon. I refuse to tiptoe around the house and not have a place to sit when I get up in the morning when there is a perfectly good room with a perfectly good bed in it.
- He REALLY wants to feel the baby kick, and often puts an uninvited hand on my belly. He's learning that I find this unacceptable though.
- This has resulted in him regularly plopping down next to me on the couch to ask me if she is awake and kicking enough for him to feel her.
- I confess I have lied once or twice because he sits so close that I feel like he's on my effing lap. TOO CLOSE!
- And then I feel bad, because he's just excited to be an uncle.
- So yeah...I love him, and he annoys the hell out of me sometimes...just like a brother.

No comments:
Post a Comment