January 22, 2010

22/365. Christmas in the Batcave.



I have an awesome group of friends...two awesome groups of friends...that I met on the internet.

Yes. You heard me. Actually...you probably aren't shocked since if you are reading this, there is about a 95% chance you are one of them.

Anyway. I digress. One of these groups is comprised of women from southeast Wisconsin that I see on a pretty regular basis and often forget that I met them online. The other is comprised of women from all over the country that were all married in August of 2008 (which is when we were originally getting married before we had to switch it to the end of July). For this second group, we have a private message board that we all post/chat/otherwise congregate on that we have affectionately refer to as The Batcave.

Many of us have met in person, and we've been talking (in person, online, on the phone, etc) for about 3 years now.  We even send Christmas cards.  And by "we send Christmas cards" I mean "I don't because I suck but a lot of the girls do and I squeal in delight each time one comes in the mail."

This year one of my friends from this group, Chrissie, made little ornaments for us all with the bat symbol...except I think 75% of us received a card with a giant hole in the corner and no ornament to be found.  But she made them ALL over again and sent them out!  I got mine in the mail today.  Christmas is over, but I think I will hang it year round anyway because seriously...it's pretty awesome.  As you can see by the paw, Zoey wanted it for herself.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melaina25 said...

The real question is which 08 is this trying to sneak in to the bat cave :)

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=8995

Karen said...

I think those are adorable!!

Chrissie said...

So glad you finally got it!

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker