January 25, 2010

Connected.

I've always been super close to my mom.  Most of that is because she's awesome, and part of that might be that we aren't that far apart in age.  I'm really close to my dad too - and even though when I (and by *I* I actually mean *they*) was younger I thought they were the two most opposite people ever, they always seemed to be on the same page on how I should turn out and how best to achieve that.  As I get older (again...as *they* get older) I don't see them as very opposite people anymore.  The older I get the more like both of them I am, too.

Anyway...I digress.  As usual.

I'm not really sure where I was going with that - just feeling my feelings I guess. 

So this morning I'm sitting here at work, feeling a little perky (Weird, right? I hate this place.) and thinking about how the last few weeks has been with my mom so sick and so far away and a thought came to my head.  No, I'm not feeling what she's feeling...but she's never been far from my mind, and there is a direct correlation between her latest news and my entire day - physically, mentally, and emotionally.  No, this isn't profound.  And now that I see it in writing I realize you're probably all thinking "Duh, Jessie."  But I don't feel like I can describe it quite like it is.  Deeper than that. 

Blah.  Getting my thoughts on this on "paper" really isn't making it clearer.  Oh well.  At least I get it.  She probably will too.

Moral of the story:  She is slowly getting better, and she is sounding great.  She is strong and optimistic and bursting with faith.  I'm proud of her.

Every good day for her is a good day for me, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that she is slowly getting better.
Sheila

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker