September 14, 2007

Grad school is not fun.

I’m not even finding it remotely interesting. At the most, I’m finding it to be a giant pain in my ass. I feel like I’m robbing this GA position from some unknown person who genuinely wanted to go to grad school all along. It makes me feel guilty. I’m not even proud of my reasons for going to grad school in the first place, other than knowing it is good for me and will make me more marketable in my future as an athletic trainer.

Also…can someone please reassure me that even a moron can write a thesis? I’m not a moron. I’m also not a researcher. I prefer to read and learn from other people’s research.

In other uninteresing and unrelated news…

I’m itchy. My massive sunburn I earned by working 8 hours of youth football on Saturday is in the dry, annoying, wanting to peel stage. I might as well have eaten a steaming hot plate of skin cancer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don’t worry. I won’t be doing grad. school for a long time. I’m going to be moving to Breckenridge CO to meet up w/ my fiance who’s already out there teaching. I’m going for accounting/finance, so I don’t think I’ll be doing the whole MBA thing until I can get some tuition reimbursement. What are you going to grad school for?

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

I’m working on a Masters of Rehabilitation Science.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I think that every GA ever in the history of the the GAship has felt exactly how you are feeling.

Or maybe you and I are the only ones… I was certainly there when I was getting my master’s.

Anonymous said...

Dear Moron - I guess it takes one to know one. Staying out in the sun all day and crisping your bod and a college grad at that. Yes Morons can do research papers and even get them right. You have a little of my DNA in you so you have nothing to worry about. I know that that will make you feel better. We looked for you last night at the Bulldog game but then remembered you weren’t there anymore. tee-hee

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth - I really hope we aren’t the only ones. The people in my grad program seem all excited and fired up an into it…it’s almost nauseating.

Gpa Moron - thank you for the reassurance and the reminder that I have been blessed with your DNA. I may need to tattoo that on my hands so I can remember it every single day

Mandatory Obnoxious Outside Baby Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker